Thursday, March 24, 2005

Congrats endorsed candidates in Oak Park

The Wednesday Journal endorsed Robert Milstein for Village President and Sandra Sokol for Village Clerk in Oak Park. Sokol was also endorsed by the Oak Park Journal, although David Pope got the nod for Village President there.

In the interestest of full disclosure, I am a columnist and freelance contributor to the Forest Park Review which is owned by Wednesday Journal, Inc. I am also personal friends with Sandra Sokol and her family. Milstein and I share activist buddies.

And I think all the Oak Park media outlets, including the Oak Leaves, supported Bill Sullivan for Cicero Township Trustees of Schools. Bill's a good guy and I'm sure he'll do a good job at whatever the township trustee of schools does.

Dean organizer Eric Davis is running for Oak Park Township trustee as an independent. The Oak Leaves and Oak Park Journal endorsed him. I didn't see the WJ endorsement on this race. For info on Davis see the Cook County Clerk website or the Democracy for Illinois website. I know Davis less well than Sokol, Milstein and Sullivan, but he seems like a stand-up guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home