Sunday, March 27, 2005

Forest Park Park District Commissioner

On Tuesday, April 5, 2005, Forest Park will elect two of the following five people to be FP Park District commissioners for six-year terms.
Michael A. Espinosa
Roy J. Sansone
Mary P. Buckley
Cathleen McDermott
Marcella "Marcy" Wozniak
I do know a little about this race, since I covered a candidate forum (with Melissa Lou) for the Forest Park Review. However, only McDermott and Wozniak participated. Part of me says that's enough to decide who to vote for. If the other candidates won't participate in the one all-candidate forum, fuck 'em.

However, Melissa--the FPR editor and my boss--speaks highly of Espinosa. She endorsed Espinosa and McDermott.

I created an online poll to gage the support of Blogging Blagojevich's Blunders readers. It uses Condorcet voting, which has the voters rank the candidates.

If anybody has a good reason to vote for or against any of these candidates, please post the reasons in the comments section.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl Nyberg said...

I am gonna keep posting stuff on Blagojevich in the time remaining before the April 5th elections, but I would like to discuss my local races so I can cast an informed vote.

I asked for input earlier and an anon reader posted some stuff I found useful.

My plan is to break up the local elections into threads to discuss the races more meaningfully.

Proviso Supervisor--Sunday PM
Proviso D209 (high schools)--Monday AM
Proviso Clerk--Monday PM
Assessor & Collector--Tuesday AM
Triton & Trustee of schools--Tuesday PM
Township trustees--Wednesday

10:40 AM  
Blogger Carl Nyberg said...

Forest Park.com has endorsed McDermott and Wozniak.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to Carl?

Is he now working for Tusk or just out photographing barns and pigs?

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm voting for McDermott and Wozniak. You're right, anyone who does't show up to a candidates night does not deserve anyone's vote. Plus Wozniak and McDermott seem to have some ideas for the future. Sansone and Espinosa seem to bee saying " vote for me, I'm nice". Don't know where Bucjkley has been. MAybe a plant to divide the women vote.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home