Friday, February 18, 2005

Rod admits his word is worthless

Today's Chicago Trib, Blagojevich-Jones rift widens:

The governor acknowledged he had frequently uttered support for [devoting 51 percent of all new state revenues to education], but he considered it more a goal than a pledge because he didn't formally sign anything to that effect.

Even so, he insisted that he had kept faith with the concept by exceeding it during his first two years in office.

"It wasn't like I signed a 'no tax' pledge," Blagojevich said. "I said this is what I support. So having said that, if you're looking at the [overall] numbers we've invested in schools it actually ... would put us at 51.2 percent of the new revenue," Blagojevich said.
I have a source in Springfield that made the following complaint about G-Rod.

This person told me that a deal with Madigan is a deal. With Rod he frequently spaces-out on stuff after he "agrees" to it.

I attribute this to Rod being hardwired differently than the majority of people. I have some sympathy with this. I see the world differently than most too. But Rod's statement has got to be annoying to people that deal with him because he's pretty much saying he's got the right to back out of any deal he doesn't sign.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl Nyberg said...

If Rod were a more subtle and skilled pol I would strongly suspect the "rift" with Jones is really a ruse. But with Rod and his history of not getting along with the pols he should get along with I'm inclined to believe the rift is real.

What do you think?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home